TABLESCAPE MOODBOARDS WITH WINE


A few days ago, I received an email from someone inquiring about my help with creating a Contemporary Thanksgiving Tablescape for her. I asked her to send me some photos of her dining area, furnishings, light fixture, adjacent areas, as well as the dinnerware she thought she may be using. To change the mood of a space - especially for this occassion - I suggested restyling it - which I also personally do whenever I set a tablecape.


A beautiful starting space.
Great decor elements & furnishings to work with.

For a meal like Thanksgiving, planning to use a nearby buffet
can help to give extra space on the table. Plan to keep decor simple - less is more.
Especially for Thanksgiving, it's all about the meal and the people...

An existing gorgeous round mirror & pair of black shade buffet lamps
can be switched to dramatically change the look of the dining space.

Using Olioboard.com, her photos, and some product photos, I was able to upload them and create two contemporary tablescape concepts for her. Whenever I'm creating a roomboard on Olioboard, I first collect all the pieces I'm considering using. As they are applied to the board, I can start to see what can possibly work together. From that one board for this tablescape, and her information she provided I created two concept boards for her.

CLICK ON OLIOBOARD LINKS BELOW
to see the boards larger and to get a list of items & their stores.

INITIAL CONCEPT: GATHERING LOOKS AND PAIRING ITEMS:

 
CHARDONNAY CONTEMPORARY CONCEPT (GREEN):




SHIRAZ CONTEMPORARY CONCEPT (RED):



Since this is for a Thanksgiving Tablescape, and she mentioned she has existing accent colors of red and green, I thought wine could be the inspiration. Two wines that pair well with a Thanksgiving meal are a Shiraz or a Chardonnay. I used the Shiraz concept as the inspiration for using red in the space - but not a literal red. Since it is Fall, an option can be to go a little deeper and richer like the burgundy-reds of autumn leaves...


West Elem


Jacob's Creek
Shiraz

West Elm


For the other concept board, I utilized the concept of pairing green grapes and a few more golden accents to represent a Chardonnay. From the photos she sent me, I spotted some existing elements in her home that with a little shift and switch, she'll easily be able to create a new mood in her dining space. I also made a few suggestions for additional decor that could not only work for this event, but can easily be added to her everyday decor. I also made a few suggestions as to where to purchase the "look for less" and still get the feel without breaking the bank...

Crate & Barrel


Australian
Chardonnay

West Elm


Either concept will work in her space. The KEY in the process: adding natural textures and elements. The addition of burlap, linen, rustic woods, slate placemats, rattan chargers, acorns, leaves, white pumpkins, branches or antlers will add a casual warmth to the decor. But, not ALL of these items would be used at the same time - or it will quickly turn from contemporary to clutter. I'd say the theory of using threes would work best for a clean look.

Pottery Barn

Pottery Barn

Crate & Barrel

Crate & Barrel

Pottery Barn

Oliboards are defiantly a time saver for creating your own personal inspiration, for a room, or even for a tablescape. You're only limits are your own imagination. And as many of you DIY bloggers out there know, Pottery Barn, West Elm and Crate & Barrel are great for inspiration. Many of their items - although beautiful, can start to add up. Thankfully, their style can either be duplicated by shopping a craft store, a fabric shop, or a home decor discount store. And sometimes, it just takes a balance of splurge items and recreating them to make your own personal look for less...


And if you are interested in learning more about pairing wines with foods -
I'm NO expert, but Andrea Immer is.
Click her name to go to her blog and website.


Have a wonderful day!!



Linking this post to:




6 comments:

  1. Very cool........love all of them! Hard to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great concept -- design inspired by the wine -- love it. I like your ideas, I'm sure she was pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the boards, and the idea of using wine as your inspiration! I remember your T-Day table setting a couple of years ago on Rate my Space...so simple and elegant, I LOVED it!! I'm going to use some of your ideas for my table this year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!! Glad you liked them!!
    Thanks for stopping by to view!

    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed my visit to your blog!

    Julie
    www.equusvilla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty elements you've gathered for this table.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails